Labor & Employment Law
In a constantly evolving labor market, KAG is helping clients navigate a complex regulatory environment.
We understand the vital relationship between the employer and its most valuable resource — its employees. Every day we call on our extensive experience advising employers and individual employees in order to provide seasoned, knowledgeable counsel with respect to a wide variety of matters that arise during the course of employment relationships.
Whether we are working with a newly-formed startup company, a mature operating company or an individual employee, our approach is always consistent — to provide quality and timely service with a pragmatic and proactive approach toward resolving the particular matter at hand so that our client’s business objectives can be achieved.
We regularly provide counsel to our clients on legal and business issues that arise in the following areas of the employment relationship:
- Employment agreements and offer letters
- Noncompetition agreements and trade secret protection
- Personnel policies and employee handbooks to govern such issues as employee conduct, discipline, compensation and benefits
- Employment separations
- Release and severance agreements
- Independent contractor issues
- Wage and hour issues
- Recordkeeping and retention requirements
- Background investigations
- Violence in the workplace
- Alcohol and drug policies
- Sexual and other harassment issues and policies
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)