- Commercial Litigation
- Community Association Law
- Condominium Law
- Employment Law
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Real Estate Litigation
- University of Florida, J.D., 1991
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1987
Professional Associations & Achievements:
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers Okaloosa Chapter “Leaders in the Law” Recipient (2015)
- Florida Commission on the Status of Women Florida Achievement Award (2013)
- Florida Trend “Legal Elite” (2010)
- University of West Florida Foundation Board of Directors (2009)
- Chair of the Committee for a Sustainable Emerald Coast (2007)
- Emerald Coast’s “Best Corporate Citizen” (2007)
- Florida Children’s Forum Leadership Award (2002)
- President of the Greater Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce (2005)
- Young Lawyers of the Florida Bar Public Service Award (1997)
- Guardian Ad Litem Volunteer Attorney of the Year (1997)
Bar Memberships and Court Admissions:
- The Florida Bar
- Northern District of Florida
- Okaloosa-Walton Bar Association
- Escambia County Bar Association
Michelle Anchors is a partner at the law firm of Keefe, Anchors & Gordon, P.A. She and her family have been leaders in the Fort Walton Beach /Destin community for many generations. Michelle is a graduate of Vanderbilt University (B.A. 1987) and the University of Florida College of Law (J.D. 1991).
Following her graduation from law school, Michelle served as a law clerk to Justice Parker Lee McDonald on the Florida Supreme Court. She subsequently served as Deputy General Counsel to former Governor Lawton Chiles and was a member of his staff when he served in the United States Senate. Michelle’s depth of government and administrative knowledge allow her to match the needs of her private sector clients with the most efficient and effective solutions.
Michelle provides counsel to many businesses, condominiums and homeowners associations along the Emerald Coast. She has received the highest rating offered by her professional peers in the Martindale Hubbell peer review system and been named ”Legal Elite” by Florida Trend magazine (2011, 2010).
In addition to her law practice, Michelle is committed to a number of issues and organizations in her community. In 2013, she was appointed to the State of Florida Commission on Ethics by Florida Senate President Don Gaetz. Governor Bush appointed her to serve as the Chair of the Committee for a Sustainable Emerald Coast and Michelle was named the Emerald Coast’s “Best Corporate Citizen.” In 2012 Michelle was honored to serve as one of the founding members and first President of IMPACT 100 of Northwest Florida, which provides significant grant funding to local non-profits. Michelle also served as former Chair of the Okaloosa County School Readiness Coalition. She served on the Board of Directors of the University of West Florida Foundation and the Board of Directors of the Fort Walton Beach Medical Center.
Michelle, her husband Steve and their two children are active members of St. Simon’s Episcopal Church. She enjoys long distance open water swimming, playing the piano, and backpacking with her family.