Larry Keefe is a partner in the law firm of Keefe, Anchors & Gordon. A six-time Florida “Super Lawyer” and five-time “Florida Legal Elite” honoree, Larry has been repeatedly recognized as one of the leading attorneys in the state.
Like many in Northwest Florida, Larry came to the Emerald Coast with his military family. Larry’s father, a World War II fighter pilot, retired from the United States Air Force and the Keefe family planted roots here in the local community in 1968.
Larry’s trial practice focuses on business and commercial litigation, internal corporate and partnership disputes, insurance claim and coverage litigation, real estate litigation, construction litigation, employment law litigation and condominium/homeowner’s association litigation. Larry’s practice also includes consulting with aerospace, defense and intelligence contractors in the national security sector.
After graduating from local schools, Larry attended the University of Florida on a football scholarship, where he earned both his bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor. Larry began his legal career in Tampa, where he tried complex business litigation, construction litigation, and product liability cases before returning home to Northwest Florida in 1991.
Larry, his wife Lynn, and their four sons call Shalimar home. In his spare time, Larry enjoys traveling, watching movies, and finding new ways to keep physically fit.
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Employment Law
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- University of Florida, J.D., 1986
- University of Florida, B.S., with honors, 1983
- University of Florida Law School’s Board of Trustees
- University of Florida Law School’s Alumni Council Executive Committee
- Fort Walton Beach Boxing Club Coach
- Catholic Charities Regional Board for the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee
- President of Catholic Charities of North West Florida
- Florida Blue Key, University of Florida Leadership Honorary Society
- Editorial Board, Florida Bar Journal (1988-1991)
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Florida “Super Lawyer”
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2015 and 2016 Florida Trend “Florida Legal Elite”
- Gubernatorial appointee to the Judicial Nominating Commission, First Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Appointed by the Florida Senate President as Special Counsel to the Florida Senate Select Committee on Property Insurance Accountability
- Author of “Business Litigation in Florida: Service of Process and Discovery in Transnational Litigation,” Florida Bar Press, (1989)
- Author of “A Trial Lawyer’s Guide to Impeachment of a Witness,” Vol. LXIII, Florida Bar Journal (1989)
- Author of “Toxic Exposure Litigation Under the Jones Act and the Longshore Harborworkers’ Compensation Act,” Vol. XXIV, Tort & Insurance Law Journal 691, (1989)
- Author of “Fraud Actions in Florida,” Florida Bar Press, (1990)
University of Florida College of Law Book Award sponsor for “Psychiatry and the Law” course
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- All federal and state courts in Florida