A. Benjamin Gordon
A native of Fort Walton Beach, Ben is a founding partner in Keefe, Anchors & Gordon.
With over 15 years of experience focused on legal issues impacting businesses and individuals, Ben works to avoid liability triggers as general counsel as well as to resolve disputes through litigation. Ben counsels new and existing businesses on creating a strong foundation for a successful enterprise, including with respect to operating agreements, contracts, and employment issues. In particular, Ben frequently advises clients and litigates issues related to trade secrets, non-compete, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements. Ben’s litigation practice primarily focuses on real estate litigation, commercial litigation, corporate and partnership litigation, and condominium/homeowner’s association litigation. Ben works closely with real estate developers, commercial property owners, bars and restaurants, retail businesses, and the hospitality industry, as well as local Northwest Florida manufacturers, technology companies, and government contractors.
Ben’s practice is strongly influenced by his legal experiences within and beyond Northwest Florida. After graduating from law school, Ben served as a law clerk for the Honorable C. Roger Vinson, Chief Judge for the U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida in Pensacola. Ben entered private practice as an attorney with King & Spalding LLP in Washington, D.C., where he focused on complex business litigation in state and federal courts throughout the country. While Ben continues to spend significant time in D.C., his home is Northwest Florida where he serves local businesses and clients, with his unique understanding of how the local dynamics of this community interrelate with the legal and business realities outside the region.
Ben and his family have a long history of service to our area, serving as teachers, volunteers, and active leaders in our legal and business communities. Ben’s father, the late Honorable Ben Gordon, Jr., served Northwest Florida as a County Judge and Circuit Judge for more than twenty years. Ben continues to serve his community in many roles, including having been appointed by Florida’s governor to serve on the Judicial Nomination Commission for the First Judicial Circuit and serving as the chairman of the First Judicial Circuit’s Grievance Committee B.
Ben and his wife Amanda have two children, with whom they love to travel as often as possible and with whom they are regularly boating when home in our emerald waters.
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., cum laude
- Washington & Lee University, J.D., magna cum laude
- Member, Attorney Title Fund Services
- Member, Rotary Club of Fort Walton Beach
- Order of the Coif
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Northwest Florida, Board Member
- Member, Judicial Nomination Commission, First Judicial Circuit
- Chairman, First Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “B”
- Florida Trend Magazine’s “Up and Coming Legal Elite”, 2007, 2008
- Burks Scholar, Washington and Lee School of Law
- Washington & Lee Law Review
- Florida State Courts
- Alabama State Courts
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit